Doubts about Universal Remote

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rentsu, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentsu

Rentsu Registered Member

Hi to all and thanks in advance for the help.

I bought the Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows and Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Universal Restore.

I installed the setup and i choose the universal restore to be installed. In the setup under agent for windows i choosed tray monitor and Universal Restore.

When i try to make the bootable device, appears a message saying that "universal restore it's not Installed.The media will be created without the restore to dissimilar hardware functionality." I made the repair to universal restore with the AcronisUniversalRestore.msi with 3269kb, but the problem persists.

What's the best procedure to install and use the Universal restore?
    Is the AcronisUniversalRestore.msi the correct installation file?

The second issue it's when i make a full backup task from two different computers, of a mapped network drive, occurs the error:
    Full backup failed:" End of file has been encountered"
    Error code 2
    Module 4

Thanks for the Help. I´m stucked with this two issues.

JGuerreiro

2. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Try the method in this thread to reinstall UR so you can make a rescue disk with UR enabled on it.

It sounds like a bug in the installer but this workaround should fix it (at least it did for me).

3. Rentsu

Rentsu Registered Member

Thanks FBMachines. The first issue is solved. Reinstalling the universal restore solved the issue.

Can anyone help me with the second issue?

Full backup failed:" End of file has been encountered"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  4. Rentsu

Rentsu Registered Member

Screenshot of the error

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.