doubleyourspeed.com

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by steve161, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

steve161, I moved your thread to this forum to gain more exposure.

3. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

While I have not tried their product, the implication of website's name is rediculous. Their product ('PC Speed Maximizer') is just another registry and file cleaner, and that's not a proven way to produce any increase in your PC's speed, let alone doubling it. :thumbd:

4. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Thank you.

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Steve, you must have questions? Go ahead - email'em - ask how they're able to back their claims - fill us in - they're eagerly awaiting!
    Snakes are slick enough? Sheer marketing, puhleeze. I'd welcome a response concerning the ins and outs of their PCSM executable.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

i can almost guarantee if you run their "free" scan, it will find problems, you will need to fix. That seems to be the style.

7. ABee

ABee Registered Member

Ordinarily, I'd say 'scamware', right off the bat. Which it may be.

The 'free scan' sounds like one of those deals where the software is going to find some MRU entries and a couple of invalid shortcuts, then give a pop-up saying how it's found all these "registry problems", but the only way you can "fix them" is by buying the product.

Not only that, but any "repairs" are likely to have a negligible effect at best on any 'speeding-up' of the machine.

However, *it's from Avanquest Software, and that company puts out some good and legitimate products.
    So, while that doesn't change my opinion about how effective using this type of software is liable to be, I'd at least be comfortable that it doesn't contain spyware or adware.

A pay version of CCleaner, for the most part.
    So if you like CCleaner, but wish you could pay for it, this may be the utility for you.

Or you might just want to make a donation to Piriform instead.

*Edit- I might have to take that back--

I see no listing for this product anywhere at Avanquest's site: http://www.avanquest.com/USA/

The product page and screenshots of the software seem to be from Avanquest, but the scan download itself is from "bluesquad.revenuewire.net".

That throws up a red flag.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.