DoubleClick (warning from Spybot)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by campbellmr99, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campbellmr99

campbellmr99 Registered Member

DoubleClick

:( This is my first post. Please excuse me.
    I get this annoying message every 2 minutes or so on line.
    Spybot search and destroy reports that you want to download "DoubleClick" this is a known threat . Do you want to block this download??
    I certainly do!! Someone PLEASE tell me how to eliminate them from my life> I tried their" opt out" of course it didn't work.

HELP!!!!!

2. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Re: DoubleClick

hi campbellmr99
    I have received warnings from spybot several times before downloading doubleclick and something called avenue a it always says it has been blocked though before i can do it.(thankfully)i dont know what they are even- or how to eliminate it--sorry,just wanted to let you know your not alone,i wish you luck,i dont get the warning to often though i'm glad to say.someone who does know will be along i'm sure to answer your question
    rita

3. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Most likely you are being warned that a COOKIE from doubleclick or avenue a...is being download onto your computer......these would be "stored cookies" that are used to track your internet use.
    These can be blocked in internet explorer......just dis-allow stored cookies.

4. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Forgot to mention: some websites such as this one needs the use of stored cookies....this site its for login..........such sites you can place in the trusted zone of internet explore........however, all zones of interent explorer should be properly set.......seek advice if you do not know how to set properly.......most important!

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Re: DoubleClick

Another thing u can do is open your Spybot S&D interface, go to the Immunize option and at the bottom of the page choose Block all bad pages silently and u shouldn't be bothered with these warnings anymore.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.