Dontaions

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Dominokat, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominokat

Dominokat Guest

The other day I made a $20 dollar donation for SpywareBlaster using Paypal. I hoped to get a thank you and a registration number by now, but I have got nothing. Not even from Paypal sent anything, but yet my bank account was charged already. I hope I am not out $20. I like the progam and wanted to make a donation, but I am not going to make another one.

2. sig

sig Registered Member

Re:Donations

Donations are to help support Javacool's work and expenses in providing his products for free. There is no registration for the free products so donating does not result in receiving a registration number. It appears that you simply have misunderstood how donations work.

Now with the just released SB 3.0 there is a "premium" auto update feature that people can pay $9.95 for if they wish to use that function, but that's separate from general donations. Since it appears from your comments that you provided a general donation that doesn't seem to be the issue.

So you are not "out" anything as far as I can see. There is no registration number to receive, whether you donate or not. Perhaps you are disappointed that you didn't receive a personal acknowledgment of your donation. I donated to support his work and as a way to thank him for his efforts in providing several free programs and updates. So I haven't been disappointed.

3. Dominokat

Dominokat Guest

You are quite right in that I mistook a "general" donation as something to get a reg ID to unlock the features. HOWEVER! Please don't mistake me that I am ungrateful for the service. Indeed, although I might not have got what I thought I might with the dontation, I am still happy to contribute to the software and keeping it going. It is a fantastic piece to have.
    Now, with that said. How to I go about sending the 9.95 or whatever to get an reg # to unlock the automatic updating?

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

If you open up the AutoUpdate program (a link is available in your Start Menu, or in SpywareBlaster itself under the "Updates" section of the program) it should guide you through the process. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.