Don't get Universal Restore Screen

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by indyracer, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indyracer

indyracer Registered Member

I have been fighting this program all afternoon. When I restore an image, I never get the screen for the Universal Restore Option. I go from "Would I like to restore another partition or hard disk drive" to "Restore operation options" where I can set additional settings. The only thing at that screen is "Validate backup archive before restoration". This really seems like a simple program, but I must be missing something. Also, the program window says "Acronis True Image Workstation with Acronis Universal Restore" at the top. I purchased the program today 12/14/2006 and downloaded the updates for both True Image Workstation and Universal Restore. Please tell me what I am missing so I can get on with my life.

Thanks,
    Tony

2. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Hey Tony,
    You didn't specify if you were use the rescue disc so I assumed you were just trying to restore from within the normal Windows operating system. If I remember correctly you only get the Universal Restore option if you use either the Acronis Rescue Disc (linux based) or BartPE (Windows Based) while restoring. So create a rescue disc and try to restore that way. If your hardware isn't supported via the acronis rescue disc use the BartPE method with Mustang's plugin.

3. indyracer

indyracer Registered Member

I created a bootable CD from within the True Image program and I am booting to that.

4. elmich

elmich Registered Member

Hi,

i am from germany, so sorry for the bad english sometimes.

I have the same problem.

Yesterday i tried to restore a Windows 2000 installation on a different hardware.
    therefore i made an image by booting with a bootable CD from "Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 build 3832 with Universal Restore".

Now i tried to restore the image on the new hardware with the same bootable CD from "Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 build 3832 with Universal Restore". Then i got no "Universal Restore Screen" as it was, when i did this weeks before for testing.

I don't know why it worked weeks before on the same wayo_O

Please, have anyone an idea, it's very urgently!

thanks
    Elmar

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  5. dgenerosa

dgenerosa Registered Member

Same problem here. I've imaged a Microsoft SBS2000 box and made a boot ISO for our VS2005R2 installation, but I never get the Universal restore prompt, driver prompts, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Now it's time for bed.

6. dgenerosa

dgenerosa Registered Member

I contacted suport on this issue and they sent me a link to download a TI9.1 iso that gave me the universal restore option. It was called "TrueImage9.1ES_special_dbg_s_e.iso" It worked like a charm. :D

7. elmich

elmich Registered Member

I did so too. But i haven't got an answer so far. Would it be possible for you to send me the image or the Link to this.

Grretings from germany
    Elmar

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  8. SamH

SamH Registered Member

I have the same problem.
    Sooo.... what's the deal acronis? If there's a fixed iso file available why isn't it on the web site for download?

I'd spam more but I'm fairly confident no one from acronis ever actually reads this forum.

:p

9. uxmax

uxmax Registered Member

Hey ppl,

No Support for Dynamic Disks.. i bet your servers storages are configured for "dynamic disks" within windows.. if so..
    u need to restore an image:
    + restore an image
    + make new image from newly restored image(basic disks)
    and you ll enjoy your new universal "Restore Button"§.

hope that helps

cya
    uxmax

10. elmich

elmich Registered Member

@uxmax

I guess that you mean "software RAID" under Windows when you are talking about "dynamic disks", don't you?

In my case i am using a Fasttrack 100 RAID Controller. And the universal Restore Option doesn't appear.

I also tried to make an image by plugging the Master drive to the ide controller - no Universal Restore!

I tried everything, but it doesn't work.

PLEASE TRUE IMAGE SUPPORT!!!!! HELP!!!!

Obviously there is a functional iso-file. Please put it on your website!!!!

It's really needed!!!

11. Hoelzeli

Hoelzeli Registered Member

I have the same problem.
    I use a HP-Hardware with SmartArray 5i Controller.
    No dynamic Disks.

I asked for the special ISO-file but, until now no answer from the support.

need help :-(

12. mustang

mustang Developer

Here's something to try. I don't know if it will work as I don't have this problem, but it's worth a try. When you boot from the Linux Recovery CD, hit the F11 key when you get to the menu screen. Remove the word "guiet" from the Linux kernel parameter box. Then select ATI w/UR. When Linux finishes booting you will be at the command prompt. Enter "product" without the quotes to start TI. See if you now get the UR screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.