Donald Trump: Washington Post launches Google Chrome extension to fact check President-elect's tweet

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Krusty, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

2. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

1984, Taking away the first amendment, if the power at hand don't get what they want, let's take away the voice of the people.

3. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I have no problem with politicians using Twitter or the likes to communicate an immediate response to something that is currently happening. At least it's raw and more likely what they think. A lot of people do not get their info from TV, radio or newsprint and those who do often complain about its accuracy too (scrubbed and Borg-like). Social Media has captured the 'news and views' space primarily due to the proliferation of smartphones. Social Media interaction is not about restraint and I think that is what a lot of people love about it. Everybody gets a go at the bat and there are home runs, wild swings and total misses.

As far as this extension is concerned = :argh::argh::argh: . What is next, fact-checking extensions for every politician out there - :argh::eek::rolleyes:.

The mainstream media wants to set themselves up as the arbiters of what is fake, false or not completely fact-based news - this is the equivalent of the fox guarding the hen house. FB is looking into making this happen. It appears that every herd needs a shepherd and a pack of herding dogs.

4. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Yes I thought about that also. Mainstream media is losing control over information so they want to present social media and other sources as unreliable. Because mainstream media news are unbiased and true all the time :rolleyes:

5. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I'm all for fact checking, but while you're at it, be sure to fact check the fact checkers. :cool:

6. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

I would imagine that the spell-check is also being put through it`s paces.:D

Regards Eck:)

7. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

"Fake News" And How The Washington Post Rewrote Its Story On Russian Hacking Of The Power Grid
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevle...ts-story-on-russian-hacking-of-the-power-grid

Maybe they forgot to run their own article through their "fact check" extension :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.