Doesn't work with WinXP SP2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mquinnrad, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mquinnrad

mquinnrad Guest

Acronic True Image 8 doesn't work with Win XP SP2

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

That probably explains my problem trying to run TI8 on SP2 (fwiw, my boot drive is a SATA formatted to NTFS). Ever since updating WinXP to SP2, whenever I try to run TI8, I get...

Error E000101F4 - Acronis True Image Has Not Found Any Hard Drives

I reported this problem to Acronis Support last week, but so far I haven't even received so much as an acknowledement from them (what kind of support is that?)! :mad:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  3. riechert

riechert Registered Member

I can say that I have used TI8 to verify the images I made before installing SP2.

4. Sheki

Sheki Guest

According to customer support, TI8 does support SP2. Here's an e-mail I received. I have not verified it myself yet...

Dear Sheki,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis software.

Yes, Acronis True Image 8.0 supports Windows XP SP-2.

We suggest you to use the trial versions of Acronis products from: http://www.acronis.com/download/ to be completely sure that it works fine on your system.

Thank you.
    --
    Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Belinsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com

5. Luminous

Luminous Registered Member

I've run TI8 on 3 different XP Pro SP2 machines without any problems. My problem is that I am having a real hassle recovering an image that I made....see my other posts....

6. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Not to diminsh your problem (if it won't restore, what good is it?), I've d/l and installed a fresh copy and I'm still experiencing the same error message! So if the problem isn't an SP2 compatibility issue, then perhaps it doesn't see my SATA drives. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.