Does Za Security Suite Deserve 5 stars???

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Legendkiller, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

I have seen many review sites and all of them hail Za security suite as the best available on the market.
    Well,we all know that their firewall is supreme but what about As and AVo_O?
    The AV used is of ca and AS is i think of Ca's pest-patrol...
    Are they really good enough to make ZASS the besto_O
    Companies like kaspersky,mcafee have advanced heuristics...
    So,do you still think ZA can keep successfully keep away viruses and spyware from pc without even letting them install.
    Can they detect and remove the worst menaceso_O o_O

Do drop-in for your views...

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Just my .02. A resounding NO!

3. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

ZA's Antispyware engine is developed in-house by Zone Labs and does not make use of CA's Pest Patrol Engine. The only thing that was licensed from CA was the VET engine.

4. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

It may not be the best, but it's firewall, IM Security, and HIPS protection is all I need to keep from being infected. And it runs lighter on the system [approx 25m of RAM usage for all components] than many other suites.

Though, I'd have to say, the antivirus isn't as good as it should be.

5. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

Good at firewall and HIPS :thumb: , not too good on detection rates.:thumbd:

6. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Definitely not! They would if they would put a top AV in the Suite.

I tried the ZAISS and I loved it except for one thing, the crap AV. I uninstalled it and put Nod32 & ZA Free on for now.

Their AV would always flag the dll for Panda (online scan) as a virus.

7. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

thats true,i am using za-pro with PAV beta.

8. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

How do you like it?

I use Panda Pro Online Scanner when I have doubts. Does Panda have a quarentine? The reason I asked, I thought I read somewhere in the forum that it didn't.

9. Antus

Antus Registered Member

I would have second this motion on their antivirus......its middle of the run if at best!!! ZA needs to incorporate a quaity antivirus in their suite, like Nod 32 for example, than that would be considered top of the line:thumb:

10. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

One's needs to look at he business logistics of things too. Who ever can strike up the best deals with each other wins. Obviously it seems CA managed to do a better job than other AV manufacturers. I am sure ZL considered the various options out there.

11. Antus

Antus Registered Member

unhappy view makes a very good point dollars and cents predicate what they will incorporate in their software. Just for the sake of discussion if ZA were able to bundle Nod32(for example) in their software the price would surely go up!!!....bottom line dollars and cents....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.