Does WildersSecurity.com need a Facebook page?

Discussion in 'polls' started by acr1965, Apr 22, 2012.

?

Does Wilders Need A Facebook Page?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    93.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

As most issues and decisions regarding forum policies are never discussed or decided by members the whole debate is a waste of time. I also agree there's a lot of prejudice against Facebook. I didn't vote.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Not much of a debate. There are 3 people interested in this and 40 people who aren't.

3. guest

guest Guest

Oh crap. More argumentum ad populum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I Hope MBAM has the Facebook rogue definition updates,just in case it shows up here.:D

5. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

well..well looks like you wont see a face book anytime soon ;)

6. guest

guest Guest

Yay, 4 votes. We are almost 10% now, lol.

7. Dark Shadow

Thats it, going to get the garlic and holly water out.:D

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

9. Hungry Man

Wrong. The proposition is that Wilders would benefit from a Facebook page that users can use. The vast majority of users do not want it. The two are inherently tied.

edit: Example of what that would actually be: the majority of americans don't believe in evolution, therefor evolution isn't true.

What this situation is: the majority of wilders users don't want a feature, therefor the feature is a bad idea.

The difference being that a "feature" is by definition made to enhance user experience (a user poll being proof of this) and therefor your wikipedia article is irrelevant.

10. guest

guest Guest

Such understanding is ignoring the wealth of new users that may join.

11. Hungry Man

We're on the front page for a google "security forum" or DDG or whatever. If someone wants a place to discuss security they'll find it quickly.

Having 4 users talking on a Facebook page is hardly going to attract anyone.

I just don't see any benefits.

12. Dark Shadow

:thumb: :)

13. guest

guest Guest

People are increasingly using Facebook more than they use Google or other search engines.

The benefit may be limited to those who also participate in Facebook, but there is no injury to those who don't.

As I said before, you can simply stay away from it.

14. kupo

kupo Registered Member

But still, the probability of new users because of a Facebook page of Wilders is still very low. Majority Facebook users just don't really care about privacy or security. Many of them will allow applications to access their private information without even researching if that app is legit. They don't even use the privacy features of Facebook, and when Facebook started to support the use of HTTPS, they are not using it because their games, applications, etc. won't work.

The second point is who is going to administer the page? It would be time consuming for something with very little gain.

15. guest

guest Guest

A tiny minority in an universe of almost a billion persons (that's the Facebook user base, almost 1000000000 users) may have high chances of being pretty relevant.

16. guest

guest Guest

As for who would administer, that's the hard question.

I'm not a volunteer for such task, lol.

17. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Folks,

Speaking just on my behalf, but also as one of the first members of this board, I strongly oppose against a Facebook page for the forum. It will create a "parallel forum universe". That is, in my opinion, not something we would want.

Also, may I please ask not to call persons, who oppose against a Facebook page, being a "Xenophobe".

18. guest

guest Guest

It was just a joke. Look at the link. :)

19. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, the decision to add a page or not, isn't really with any vote occurring here. As such, thread closed. :isay:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.