Does True Image support restore from a GPT partition?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fluid, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fluid

fluid Registered Member

I was wondering if Acronis True Image supports a restore from a GPT (Guid Partition Table) partition? I have a 4TB array in a single partition. The only way windows recognizes this array is by converting it to a GPT partition. Since Acronis works in a limited OS mode (am I right?) when it restores a primary (active OS) partition, I need to know if it would work if my images were on a GPT partition? Can it read the images placed on a GPT partition in restore mode (CD based or other)? Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fluid,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the ability to use GPT disks is available in corporate versions of Acronis True Image.

We would recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image to see how the software works on your computer.

Should you experience a problem with using Acronis True Image on your system, please submit a request for technical support and describe the issue you experience along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  3. fluid

fluid Registered Member

Thanks, will try the demo. Do you give any price breaks for home users? The corporate price is rather high for a home machine.

4. random110

random110 Registered Member

Most home users don't have a 4TB GPT partition... :)

5. fluid

fluid Registered Member

Hehe, there are more and more home users with large volumes. PVR and media take up alot of space :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.