Does TI Support SATA Tape Drives?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ViROID, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViROID

ViROID Registered Member

Hi,

Does Acronis TI 9.1 Server support backing up to SATA Tape Drives? I wasn't able to find an answer to this question on the website, so I figured I'd check here.

...Chris

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ViROID,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please try using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the windows version for a period of 15 days. The standalone version (bootable media) will have only restore function available.
    Please also try restoring from the tape using the bootable media.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. ViROID

ViROID Registered Member

Marat,

That is not quite the response I was looking for; essentially you are telling me that you don't know and we should spend $1000+ on a SATA Tape Drive and test the software for you? Let's try another approach.

We are trying to provide a backup solution for one of our customers and were looking into SATA Tape Drives from Quantum and Sony. We were wondering if the Acronis Support Team or any of the forum members have had any experience using Acronis TI with SATA Tape Drive systems, or any tape drives for that matter and what your recommendations are. Our customer already owns a copy of Acronis TI Server v8 (and a support contract) which means they would probably have to upgrade to v9.1 in order to better support the SATA interface; especially since the v8 Rescue Media does not support SATA. The server is a Dell PowerEdge 1800, it only supports SATA which is why we were looking into SATA based drives; however we could add a SCSI card if the general consensus is that SATA Tape Drives are not supported or are not reliable for one reason or another.

Chris Thomas
    Technical Support
    Ashley Cyber Services, LLC

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ViROID,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I have contacted the responsible expert and I regret to inform you that current versions of Acronis True Image do not support SATA tape drives. Notice that SCSI tape drives are fully supported by corporate versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.