Does this smell like malware?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by razorboy, Mar 13, 2018.

1. razorboy

razorboy Registered Member

I have been having some 'hang' problems and someone suggested that I run Tasklist to see which processes and programs are running. When I try, the Tasklist screen (DOS-like) pops up for eight milliseconds and closes. This seems to me like something malware might do so that the user could not be aware of what is running. Task Manager still works, but I don't know if that provides identical information.

(Here's a similar thing:) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d-closes/117d78b5-93cf-4c90-952f-48c668e9bc1a

I also saw a thread suggesting that such behaviour might be Sasser-like. I ran both Malwarebytes and MS malicious software removal tool
    in , Safe Mode, they found nothing. Thanks for any wisdom.

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Did you run CMD and then enter tasklist in command prompt, or did you try to run tasklist directly from explorer or from run option? First option should give you a list of running processes, second will show it only for milliseconds.

3. razorboy

razorboy Registered Member

Hah! Thanks. That did it.

4. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

You're welcome :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.