Does the bootdisk contain sata drivers for my machines?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Again, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Again

Again Registered Member

Hi,

I'm currently investigating the products True Image and Disk Director Suite for my laptops

1 is a dell latitude D520 and the second a vaio BZ11MN

When creating a bootdisk on one of the machines, will that disk contain all sata controller drivers?

I just want to make sure that when windows gets corrupt or the disk fails to work I'm able to replace an image with True Image / or create partitions first on a new disk.

Cheers,
    Kris

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The TI boot disk is independent of the machine it is created on. I imagine the DD one is as well but can't say for sure.

There is only one way to find out if your SATA controller is supported and that is to test it.

The best way of knowing if a TI image will restore is to put in a spare HD and do a test restore. This is the absolutely best way but a second not quite as good method is:

Boot up the TI rescue CD and create an image. If it sees your drives at this point and creates the image it is a good sign.

After the image is created, Validate it using the same rescue CD environment. If successful, it means your hardware is in good shape and TI can accurately read your archive into RAM and recreate its many checksums accurately.

Start the restore wizard and run through it as if you were doing a restore and when you get to the last screen where you need to click on Proceed, cancel out of the wizard. This shows that all the required info and devices can be accessed.

DD would be best tested on a spare HD but I would say that if you can see the drive and its partitions and select the various tools without need options etc being grayed out or not listed perhaps, it should give a degree of confidence.

If DD is on the machine that TI is used to make the rescue media, both can be included on the same CD. Given that a fairly good test, either method above, is being used for the device drivers, then one could think that the driver suitability would carry over to both products since they are on a disk with a common Linux OS.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Again and seekforever,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Again, if you experience any issues in Acronis Booting Rescue Media functionality, I may recommend you to use our Live Chat service here in order to receive immediate support.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.