Does TDS-3 run in the background or???

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Joeschmoe, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Guest

Does TDS-3 run in the background looking for trojans and malicous activiy ir do I have to intiate a scan for TDS-3 to catch trojanso_O? I am unsure of how TDS-3 functions once started other than manually activating one of the numerous scans? Any and all help appreicated!!! A newbie question sorry but I needed to ask!

2. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

If you have the registered version, you can install Execution Protection from the File menu, which will scan every .exe you run for a trojan. Also, by either right clicking on an object and selecting Scan with TDS-3 via the context menu, or by initiating a scan from the program's main menu, you can do on demand checks. I hope this helps, and if you need any clarification, don't hesitate to ask :)

3. joeschmoe

joeschmoe Guest

Yes I have the registered version....Thanks I have the execution protection installed. I just wasn't sure if TDS-3 worked manually or if like BOClean silently steathing everything exe on my machine...I use the right clcik scan *.* quite offen for email attachments and the such...Thanks again ,just a newbie question!!!

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi joeschmoe, Remember that Execution Protection only works when TDS3 is running either as a window or minimised to the sys tray.

Pilli :)

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Pay good attention to what Pilli says there - If you haven't got TDS running there is no protection! Start up TDS and minimize the process when you feel the need for background protection.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

For scanning email and attachments:
    I created a separate folder outside the email client and copy emails and separate the attachments there for scanning. Easier to upload them from there to other online scanners too if you want a second opinion.
    If your other email scanners change the extension like ZoneAlarm does for instance you might like to change tha name back to the original like .zip etc. for best scan results.
    Ability to scan emails inside the email client itself is on the wishlist for TDS4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.