Does TDS-3 has unattended Live Update?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tempnexus, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

Ok I want to purchase and install another copy of TDS 3 for my client but he is not totally computer literate. Therefore I was wondering does TDS-3 has an unattended signature update script? i.e. each time I boot the system the TDS-3 will contact the DCS servers and update or TDS-3 will periodically contact the DCS servers in order to check for an update (every day or every few hours).
    That feature is very important for him, since he does not want to be bothered with updates, he wants a kind of set-it-and-forget-it AT system.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In the Configuration is the "automated" update, which will update monday and friday automatically. I did check this option myself just in case i would forget to press the menu option for that and i must admit i do press anyway so in all those years i don't think on my system it ever had a chance to prove it doing so, others tell it does work properly on their system.

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Have TDS start at boot, although to be fully compatible might want to add a shortcut to the STARTUP folder instead of the registry.

Then add a Windows Scheduler instance to check for update every day or 2, if you make it check for an update at 10AM GMT (6PM Perth time) then on update days there will be an update. By this I simply mean tell the schedule to run "update.exe" daily :)

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Ha that's even better Gavin, certainly for people always online with our DSL connections!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.