Does spywareblaster block BHOs

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by hadi, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hadi

hadi Guest

XP pro SP2 is implemented with these creatures: spywareblaster, spywareguard, ad-aware, spybot s&D,M$antyspyware and more. I usually run them on daily basis and they come up clean. However, I get this BHO

BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - (no file)

almost everyday. I remove it with HJT and it comes on next day. I have put its CLSID in spywareblaster "Custom Blocking" but it keeps on coming. Any clue. Many thanks

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Are you using the download manager named Flashget ?

Concerning Custom Blocking....since you lack the ability as a Guest to post a pic....I'll ask if the below pic matches exactly how you added the entry....including the accolade characters.... { }

How to add custom CLSID's to block with SpywareBlaster

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2005
  3. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi Bubba
    Yse that is exactly First it prompts to give a name and second window to enter CLSID. I copied the CLSID with its accolades, then checked the box, then protect against checked items. isn't this correct.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey hadi

That is indeed correct.

The other question I had above...."Are you using the download manager named Flashget ?"

5. hadi

hadi Guest

Ahh, about flash get
    yes I use flashget.exe only (meaning flash get is not installed at all). is the BHO above related to flashget.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yes it is indeed.

7. Hadi

Hadi Guest

Much appreciated! Bubba

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome

Concerning that BHO that keeps coming back as far as HighJackThis is concerned. Are you logged in as a user that has Admin priviligies ?

That particular O2 - BHO: entry found by HJT is stored in the HKey_Local_Machine portion of the registry....which requires Admin priviligies to modify.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.