Does Spyware Doctor and Ewido real time protection feature do the same thing?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by No User Name, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No User Name

No User Name Registered Member

Spyware Doctor vs. Ewido real time protection

I have both of these products and was wondering which one I should run in real time protection? Spyware Doctor has a lot of great real time protection features that I like and I was wondering if Ewido did the same thing or what are their real time protection differences? Also, what would you suggest I chose to run by itself in real time?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2006
  2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Because they are both different types of products they really can't be compared. I will say if you want the best defense realtime for Trojans/worms run Ewido in Realtime. If you want the best defense realtime for keyloggers/adware/spyware run Spyware Doctor. I have both and run both in realtime. If this is not possible for you choose whichever one you think will benefit you more.

Hope this helps,

Chris

3. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I for one will never recommend Spyware Doctor to anyone. I was never more disappointed in an application than I was with Spyware Doctor and their so called support. I spent two weeks via email trying to find out why Spyware Doctor was the only scanner that supposedly found a trojan on my computer. I was told by developers of Spyware Doctor to look for an option in the program only to find out it is only in the paid version! I indicated in my inital email that I was using the trial version!

4. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Enduser I can understand your frustrations but in defense to SD support maybe it it was an oversight. Your post also sounds a little off topic as well since the original question from the poster was "I have both of these products and was wondering which one I should run in real time protection?" and also " Also, what would you suggest I chose to run by itself in real time?".

Thanks,

Chris

5. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Well an oversight that they never apologized for. Especially when I clearly indicated in my inital message that I was using the trial version of the product.

First do not use IE as a browser but use either FireFox or Opera to cut down the infiltration of spyware. If you find something for realtime protection that isn't a system hog either when the computer initally boots up nor while Windows is running and has a support department people that can actually help people I would also like to know. I have not found such a beast either.

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.