Does Spyware Blaster really works?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Beginner, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beginner

Beginner Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm use the security program Spyware Blaster, and keep it update all the time, i'm check for new updates evry 3 days.
    I'm use my computer carefully so, only few times i found on my PC spywares, my question is:
    How can i know than Spyware blaster real blocks those programs? I mean, i saw some sites than asks me id i want to install Gator (For example) if i click than i want to install Gator, these program will install herself on my pc or than Spyware blaster will block him?
    Spyware blaster shouldn't make those spywares install themself on my computer right? How i can be sure that my Spyware blaster really works..? It's possible?

Thnks a lot!!
    Pablo

2. t bone

t bone Registered Member

if you have spybot s&d run it, if it comes up clean i'd say your blaster is working.
    i update my blaster every week that seems ok, every 3 hrs may be a bit extreme....but that's just me :p

3. Beginner

Beginner Registered Member

So, how can i be sure than my blater really works..? (or.. how you can be sure than your blaster works..? thats the same)

Thanks again :))

4. AL Inferno

AL Inferno Registered Member

I know it seems SB just kinda sits there and seems to do nothing, but I tell ya, it has caught a couple things for me, so if you followed all the instructions and your puter was in good shape when you put SB on as far as pests and stuff, it should be doing its job.. what I like about SB? I love quiet but deadly accurate spycatchers, I hate the ones that always have to make a big production of their existence on the puter, with their offensive beeps and honks and farts. Good luck.
    Thank you, AL Inferno

5. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

Spyware Blaster is a program that runs in the background and does not allow specific files (i.e Cookies) from entering your PC. You can be sure Spyware Blaster is working, by running Spybot and/or Ad-aware SE Personal/Professional and not catching many instances of Spyware.

Incase you do not understand what I mean by background, I mean that it uses up either NO CPU Usage or VERY little CPU usage. therefore, it will not interfere with other programs, meaning no lag.
    Plus, doesn't the icon look cool? I mean, a guy with sunglasses... cant get much cooler than that :cool:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  6. Barr_y

Barr_y Registered Member

Hi Al Inferno

just read your reply to this question and nearly fell of my chair laughing, with the remarks beeps, honks and farts. What programs are you referring, as I turn the sounds of of any I may have just so I don't hear them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.