Does spyware blaster protect U3 software

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Justin W Walsh, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin W Walsh

Justin W Walsh Registered Member

Thanks to Javacool I have never had a security breech.
    What precautions must I take, when allowing someone else to plug into my computer. The U3 provides Mcaffy anti virus, but I don't want to use it.
    My understanding of Javacool is it should protect any device attached to the OS.
    I am convinced that U3 device is protected by it's reduced size and range of usage, but I'd just like to know how it protects

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Are you sure you mean SpywareBlaster? If so then you are completely wrong and not protected. All SpywareBlaster does is add blacklists of cookies, sites and installations to IE and Firefox, this way bad sites/downloads and tracking cookies are blocked(if they are on the blacklist, as it is only updated once in 2 weeks.) If malware/viruses are not on the blacklist or received via another way then Firefox/IE(mail/another browser/usb etc.) then SpywareBlaster won't do anything to stop them, it is not Anti-virus software.

3. Justin W Walsh

Justin W Walsh Registered Member

Yes I'm sure. I've been running without firewall and anti-virus for years without any attacks. Perhaps I wash my hands before I touch the keyboard.
    Your response is BoerenkoolMetWorst to me, but thanks anyway:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.