Does SAS work under limited user accounts?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by delerious, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delerious

delerious Registered Member

I saw a thread from a couple months ago where someone said MBAM can't scan or do updates under a limited user account. That's a problem for me since I'm almost always logged into a LUA.

So I'm wondering if SuperAntiSpyware works under a LUA? I downloaded the trial version of SAS Pro and I'm already seeing problems with it under a LUA. It seems to work fine when I'm logged in as Administrator, but when I log into my LUA and try to run it, it thinks it is the Free Edition for some reason. It won't let me enable the real time monitoring since it thinks it is the Free Edition. Very strange. Anyone else encounter this?

2. demonon

demonon Guest

Have you ever tried the program called SuRun?

3. ParadigmShift

ParadigmShift Registered Member

I haven't had any problems with SAS under a LUA.

4. Jerry S

Jerry S Registered Member

SAS works fine in LUA. When I bought the license and registered it in my admin acct it did not automatically upgrade the LUA. but you can register it in the LUA with the same key and you will have the same functionality in both accounts.
    jerry

5. delerious

delerious Registered Member

I just used the SAS Repair program, and it fixed it in the LUA.

However I did notice something strange. I updated the spyware definitions under the LUA, and it downloaded the latest definitions. Then I logged out and logged in as Administrator, and tried to update the definitions to see what would happen. It should have said that they were up-to-date, but instead it downloaded the latest definitions. That leads me to believe that each user has his own definitions. That's not how Avira AntiVir works, there is just one set of definitions system wide for all users.

6. kalisun

kalisun Registered Member

I think it might have to do with which account, either "All Users" or a specific account that the program gets installed into..so if Avira gets installed into the "ALL Users" account then I think once it gets updated it applies to all the accounts on the system..That's my theory...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.