Does removing Spybot disable some protection?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mele20, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have had Spyware Blaster from its inception (very cool proggie!) and never had items become disabled until just now. A few minutes ago, I was reading GRC NewsGroups and noticed there was a Spyware Blaster update. I opened Spyware Blaster to update and IE, Restricted Zone, and Firefox/Mozilla all had a BUNCH of disabled items! I have NO other antispyware applications. I did have Spybot for many years along with Spyware Blaster. However, the latest version has too many problems so I uninstalled it a few days ago. So, does it seem plausible that somehow uninstalling Spybot affected Spyware Blaster? Or is there another reason for items becoming disabled?

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I have found that most "disabling" can be traced to the Tea timer or a particular update, I have the resident unchecked. I agree the new spybot has problems, thats why another app has to backup what spybot finds before I delete anything. I just don't take spybots word for it.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

It is indeed plausible that uninstalling Spybot removed its immunization, which does overlap some of SpywareBlaster's protection. I haven't had a chance to confirm this, but it's definitely a possibility.

If it hasn't happened again, I wouldn't worry about it - especially given the fact that you just uninstalled the latest version of Spybot. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.