Does real-time scanning perform background scanning of all the disks?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by loverboy, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loverboy

loverboy Registered Member

I am wondering if NOD32 EAV4 real-time scanning performs a background overall scanning of all the hard disks that I have in my system.

I know that custom scan performs this task, but I am wondering if real-time scanning (slowly) does the same, file by file

2. vtol

vtol Registered Member

unless exclusions specified real time will scan files when accessed at any disk, but does no run a full scan in the background - for that purpose there is the on-demand scanner, either to be manually invoked or set as a scheduled task

3. loverboy

loverboy Registered Member

OK, thanks

It seems to me that with 2.70.39 such background scanning was done, even if the files were not accessed. Am I wrong?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

V2 is obsolete and updates for it will be discontinued by the beginning of 2012.
    As vtol wrote, real-time protection does not scan entire disk automatically and only files that are accessed are scanned. It must have been either the OS or an application (e.g. searching service indexing files) that accessed them and invoked a scan of such files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.