Does Quad Core Matter?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Article

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Reading from the article the Quadcore gain lies in multitasking as is obvious,surprisingly not with Gaming,here are the duo's almost even with the Quadcores !

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Today, apart from extremely heaving compiling and real-time video tasks, I really don't see how someone can fully utilize the four core. Maybe running 4 virtual machines at the same time...
    Mrk

4. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

One core for the AV, another for the firewall, another one for the AM and one for Windows + applications :D
    To truly fly, a quad-core requires a high performance I/O subsystem and 2+ GB of RAM.

5. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

For a better understanding it will do you good to read the article ! At Hardware.info ,Toms Hardware and Anand Tech just to name a few you can read some thorough tests.

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I read and I don't feel enlightened. Nothing new, as I have seen live back projection transformations in real-time on both dual and quad cores, as well as AV tweaks... Maybe you liked the shiny graphs?
    Mrk

7. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

liking shiny graphs is something personal but these shiny graphs are the outcome of some real tests done by highly regarded technicians in the computing area.Maybe you are one of them ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.