Does not Work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pewe, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pewe

pewe Registered Member

I see a number of posts on this forum relating to restore problems.

I have tried True image on 2 seperate machines now and have decided that it is not safe enough to use as a reliable support tool.

Having followed the available instrutions for creating an image, on both machines when the images were restored there were error messages referring to a missing NTLDR.
    On one machine (a laptop) there is not a floppy disc so importing the files from another pc was difficult, and on the second machine having copied in the files a new error message appeared saying that a file (hal.dll) was missing or corrupt.
    I then tried windows repair console and got the same error messages.
    In both cases the only way to recover from the problem was to re-format the drives and re-install windows.

On both machines there were no complicated configurations (single discs with only Windows XP SP2 installed) and the images were created to external media from which the rescue disc was used to restore them.

Other imaging packages have not created such problems working 'out of the box', so why does TI?

2. Nick_morris

Nick_morris Registered Member

Hi Pewe
    I regularly use TI 8.00 on a large network with no problems. I would Make sure you have the latest version with the latest updates installed, as we have found it to be a reliable product.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pewe,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

HAL is Microsoft's abbreviation for the Hardware Abstraction Layer, the technology and drivers that let the Windows NT, 2000, and XP operating systems communicate with your PC's hardware. Please read the article about the error message 'missing HAL.DLL' and its resolution. If the problem remains please do the following:
    - Download the Acronis Report utility;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.
    We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

That's quite a statement, don't you think? I guess it would be more correct to say "the only way I knew of to recover ...".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.