Does not True Image 8.0 support the big disk?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 1ding, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1ding

1ding Registered Member

I uesd Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server to create a image of a SCSI raid disk group (200GB) on a 250GB IDE disk.

It was cost 18 hours and reported the image was created sucessfule. The size of the image file is about 140GB.

But when I tried to explore the image file and restore the it, I got a error message that the image file was corrupt.

And when I tried to use the function of "clone disk", I found my 250GB disk became a 128GB disk.

Does that mean True Image 8.0 do not support the big disk?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 1ding,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Enterprise Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIESWin/).

Could you please send Acronis Report and screenshot where you disk is seen as 128Gb to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? Also please describe in the letter how you have created the image of your SCSI RAID array.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. 1ding

1ding Registered Member

Thanks for your reply.

I tested the same disk on a new machine.

It seems cased by leagy server doesn't support large disk well, not by Acronis.

Thanks.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 1ding,

This is possible situation. You may try to check your disk capacity in BIOS or try to contact your hardware vendor.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.