does not detect linux

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by squimmy, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squimmy

squimmy Guest

Hello,

OS selector does not seem to detect linux. when i installed it it only has windows xp and floppy. is there any way i can tell it to also have a option for linux?

my hard drive partitions are like this:

hda1 - windows (the only option which is shown)
    hdb3 - linux (reiserfs. the one i want to boot)
    hdb5 - windows (ntfs)

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello squimmy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

You need to deactivate Acronis OS Selector, install Linux loader (e.g. GRUB, LILO, etc.) to Linux boot partition (hdb3 in your case) and then activate Acronis OS Selector once again. It should find all the installed operating systems you have.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. squimmy

squimmy Guest

the reason i wanted to install os selector is to replace a non working grub. grub doesn't work for me, (it will work once or twice before dropping me to a command prompt instead of a list of OS's)so if grub doesn't work, does that mean that OS selector wouldnt work anyway even if i were to install make it "see" linux?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello squimmy,

Please note that Acronis OS Selector allows you to manage operating system loaders so that all OSes you have are not dependent on each other. However, in order to boot a particular operating system you need to be able to boot it with its own loader. Acronis OS Selector is able to boot Linux only if it finds the appropriate loader.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.