Does NOD32 scheduler use Windows Task scheduler ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Defenestration, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

If I disable the Windows Task Scheduler service, will the NOD32 scheduled tasks still run ?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Are you talking about running a Scheduled Scan through the Nod32 Control Centre? If so, I think it wouldn't have any effect (though I have been wrong before ;) :D )

Cheers :D

3. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

No via the control centre windows task manager is not used, only disadvantage to this is you can't wake your computer at a time to do a scan, the system must be running for a scheduled scan to take place...

But you can set up a scan using the task scheduler if you want then you can have it wake the computer to do a scan and then go back to sleep :cool:

4. Defenestration

Yes I'm talking about runnning a scheduled scan through NOD32 control centre. So the Service can safely be disabled then ?

Also, when configuring a task throught the control centre, is it possible to set this task to run even if the time cannot be adhered to (ie. if a weekly task is set to run at 09:00 on Thursday, but you don't boot your computer up until 11:00 Friday, and the scan has not run for a week) ?

If not this should be added because otherwise a system won't be scanned if the PC is not on at the time the task should start.

5. SSK

SSK Registered Member

I believe this option is allready there, its in the "Add scheduled task" setup, choose "Run the task as soon as possible".

6. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Have you not set up a schedule? I think panel 4 in the setup regime asks what to do if the schedule is missed

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have mine set for a weekly scan on a Monday at 7.00pm. If I start my computer at 8.00pm on Monday the scan will not run, if I leave it until 6.30pm next Monday only 1 scan will begin at 7.00pm. I found this out through experience where 2 scans would run, the 1 from the previous week as soon as the PC was started on Monday and the 2nd when 7.00pm came around.

Hope this is as clear as mud ;) :D

Cheers :D

8. SSK

SSK Registered Member

What kind of mud? :D

9. Defenestration

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.