Does NOD32 scan for spyware

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by zooburner, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooburner

zooburner Registered Member

I'm aware that NOD32 scans for syware, but is it pro-active in stopping browser hi-jacks etc like spyware doctor and ad-aware etc.

Should i get aditional protection such as one of these programs or does NOD32 do the same job.

Also i have noticed some menu's are slow when using NOD32, windows sometimes need clicking twice to shut, and using the system tray sometimes brings up more than one menu because of a delay in reacting it brings up the taskbar options in addition to say gmail notifier menus.

this is very annoying, and only started when i installed nod32.

Thanks

Andy

2. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

NOD32 does scan for Spyware in real-time and personally, in the two and a half years I've used it on all my workstations, I've never had a problem with Spyware. Just to be sure though, I have tried installing Ad-aware and doing a scan, only to be told nothing dodgy has been detected.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I would suggest repairing Winsock, then repair IMON; see post number 40 HERE

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

4. zooburner

Internet explorer works fine, its windows explorer thats sticky, and only ever with NOD32 installed, if i uninstall NOD32 it works fine.

zoo

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Do you have any other security product installed at the moment ? What was your previous antivirus software ?

6. zooburner

I have comodo firewall, and ad-aware, but i have uninstalled nod32, and tried it, everything is fine, then when i put it back on again it starts again. I have noticed earlier threads that seem to indicate im not the only one with this problem they put it down to file system monitir scanning all files on access.

Nod32 and comodo were clean installed on a clean instal, there were no previous security products installed, it was a clean, fresh install.

zoo

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ok , I hope this Ad-Aware se has no real time protection (Ad-Watch)

I asked you because some products ,especially Norton , doesn't uninstall correctly and this may result in slow-downs and other problems but you say it is clean install .

First try to set AMON not to scan all files but only the selected file types .
    Open Control Center -> AMON -> Setup -> "Detection" tab -> Extensions
    and uncheck Scan all files .
    Also make sure that on the "Options" tab you have Optimize scanning checked

How is it now ? :thumb:

Attached Files:

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.