Does nod32 interfere with Skype?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SamSpade, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamSpade

SamSpade Registered Member

I did a search here in the forum on this topic and found that one may disable IMON scanning of skype.exe (which I have now done, with some reservations) so now I'm wondering if anyone else has had a slow-down of *voice* traffic (chat remained unchanged) over Skype while using nod32 (2.7 beta) ??

My Skype was working like a champ when I was running nod32 v. 2.5, but after updating to 2.7 beta the traffic became almost unusably slow until I disabled IMON for Skype. I'm just wondering if I was the only one experienced any difficulties or if others had noticed the same thing. o_O

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No, use it all the time, never had an issue here.

Cheers :D

3. SamSpade

Thanks, 'spear.

Anyone else have any issues with Skype when using nod32?? I'm trying to isolate the cause of my problem. Skype has always worked flawlessly for me over the past year +, much better than any regular phone connection, but then about the time I started using nod as my av, the connection began to have "delay", going and coming, with echoes and all sorts of problems.

//

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

From time to time I use GTalk and ICQ . When I tried Skype I had no problems with it . I also have a few clients who use Skype and they never reported problems . If you have problems with it , you can exclude it from IMON . AMON will take care of it :)

5. SamSpade

Thanks, Tech. I have already put it on the exclude list under IMON; does AMON also scan all the traffic that passes through Skype??

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , AMON doesn't scan the traffic. AMON scans files on your hard drives (on-access , on-create and on-execute) . If something tries to get in , AMON will pick it up and you'll have now problems with Skype . Is Skype Ok now after you put the Skype in the exclusion list ? I hope so .:D

7. SamSpade

I've only done one call since excluding it in IMON, and it was much better -- almost perfect -- than my previous several calls today.

Just wondering: above you say "... If something tries to get in , AMON will pick it up and you'll have now problems with Skype."

Do you mean "new" problems instead of "now" problems?? If so, what kind of "new problems" would I be having??

//

8. Blackspear

I think he meant to write, you will have "no" problems with Skype.

9. SamSpade

I see . :thumb: Cool.

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks , Blackspear .:thumb: Sorry , SamSpade :)

11. Blackspear

You are welcome.

One little letter can change the whole meaning :blink: and we wonder how wars are started ;) :D

12. SamSpade

No problem, Tech
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.