Does NOD32 ESSv3.0.### supports....

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by cssoz, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cssoz

cssoz Registered Member

does NOD32 ESS v3.0 supports Win32/Conficker? using 3990 DB.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Yes, but there are some new variants you will need to update your DB for, latest as of writing this post is 4002

3. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Database 3990 of ESET NOD32 Antivirus should support Conficker. However like other forms of malware new variants of the Conficker worm are released everyday. It's essential that you update your virus signatature database to the latest, 4002, so you will be covered for all the new known variants known to ESET of the Conficker worm and other malware. Your virus signature database should have updated automatically but if not then under the Update tab within the ESET NOD32 Antivirus GUI, run an update.

Regards,

Mark.

4. cssoz

cssoz Registered Member

hi Mark thanks for your feedback,

i understand how new virus are out everyday and by updating the DB ill be protected from the newest viruses.

BUT my question is Comparing to v4.0.417, will v3.0.6## be able to detect the new confickers ? (with latest DB on v3) and be able to delete it or i should upgrade to v4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.