Does NOD32 AV work under Windows 7 RC?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by _simon_, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _simon_

_simon_ Registered Member

As per the title really. I have version 4.0.417.0

2. sunfire7

sunfire7 Registered Member

tried yesterday windows 7 RC and smart security .424 and didnt work well, but i dont know if nod32 av only works.

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

AV works fine, see the other threads in this forum on exactly the same subject.

4. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

It works fine. I've been using it since the public beta with no probs :)

5. Will S

Will S Registered Member

I tried installing the trial version and it just sat there and sat there and sat there so I ended up using Task Manager to close the program.

6. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

It runs fine in my W7 RS x64 and in another hard drive x32 = I use a trayless drive caddy that allow me to change a drive in 8 seconds.

7. ishis

ishis Registered Member

You say it 'works fine' and have been using it since the public beta...but I wonder if you actually 'know' that it 'works fine'.

I had no issues when using NOD-32 on a Windows 7 BETA 64-bit platform...but from the moment I installed NOD-32 on my Windows 7 RC 64-bit platform I received a message from Micro$oft informing me of 'known compatibility problems' and for the past week I have been given options to 'find another anti-virus application'.

My license expires in about a month and I have no intention of renewing unless ESET satisfies me that they have a program that is fully compatible with Windows 7 RC.

Edit: Windows 7 RC 'Action Center' message: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 is on but is reporting its status to Windows Security Center in a format that is no longer supported. Use the program's automatic updating feature, or contact the program manufacturer for an updated version. (this was copied using the 'sticky notes' feature...I love it!)

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  8. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

It's working flawlessly for me on Win7 RC x64. Action Centre is fine, and I can download the EICAR test and it gets detected. So I think it's all working.

Surely no software company would bend over backwards to target a beta or a RC. RC is for diehards like you and me who expect problems. They'll be targetting the RTM version.

Jim

9. ishis

ishis Registered Member

So...if I understand you correctly...you are not receiving a Micro$oft message: ...ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 is on but is reporting its status to Windows Security Center in a format that is no longer supported.

Suggestions?

EDIT: I think any software company with the statue of ESET would be all over it if they knew that every user of their software who 'moved on up' :rolleyes: to Windows 7 was going to be receiving the same message that I am.

Here I was thinking that Micro$oft had just decided to 'muscle in' on Security Suites in order to dominate that portion of the market. lol

Just 'downloaded' the 'EICAR Test Virus'...which NOD-32 picked up on immediately. Thank you...I was not aware of that site...very helpful.

Now that I have installed NOD-32 64bit 4.0.424 Micro$oft no longer has an issue with me! I am curious as to why ESET did not automatically 'update' me from v3 to v4...would not have realized there was a v4 had I not visited this site!

Anyway...like Dylan says on his great new album 'Together Through Life'...It's All Good!

...oh...and for the record...I will be renewing my license...:thumb:

10. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

11. Nerimash

Nerimash Registered Member

Hi, ishis
    ESET does not support their products on beta OS (e.g Windows 7 RC) until release.

12. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

13. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Windows 7 is a beta product.:rolleyes: If your serious about the version update from 3 to 4 you have some learning to do about Av products as it doesn't generally work like that for Nod or most other Av products. "This site" is the main user forum for NOD so your in the right place to find out info. Also if you didn't purchase here http://www.eset.com/ a periodic visit to your local resellers site may be in order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.