Does NOD32 Automatically Scan?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Marc39, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc39

Marc39 Registered Member

Hi, I just installed NOD32 yesterday and am getting acquainted with it. One basic question is does it automatically scan? If not, do I need to scan manually or, if it does scan automatically, do I have to set a time for it to do so? Thanks!

2. CivilTaz

CivilTaz Registered Member

You need to add a task in the scheduler to do that, the task u need to select is a On-demand computer scan and u can set the time when u want to do it.

3. Marc39

Marc39 Registered Member

Thanks, but, where do I find the scheduler on the user interface?

4. CivilTaz

In the lower left corner you will see something that says "Display: Standard Mode". Click on that and change it to Advanced Mode and you will then be able to see the Scheduler under Tools.

5. Marc39

Marc39 Registered Member

Thanks, again! I'm almost there---I set the scan for once a day (Is this ok or is once a week acceptable?) and clicked the "finish" button and it confirmed the scheduled scan task, but, the scan task does not appear on the Scheduler/Planner page. Did I overlook something?

6. Marc39

Marc39 Registered Member

Done, thanks, again, for your help. Here are more detailed instructions in case anyone needs them...
    http://www.betterantivirus.com/nod32-antivirus-faqs/faqs/1194037190.html

7. CivilTaz

You're welcome. Glad to see u could solve it. About ur concern about scanning daily or weekly, actually that decision is up to you, but I think a scan weekly would be ok.

8. Marc39

Marc39 Registered Member

What a nice forum! I just changed from Norton to ESET and am happy I made the decision. Thanks, again.

9. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

Keep in mind ESET is also always scanning in real time. Basically the files you are accessing/your system is accessing are scanned in the background incase they are harmful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.