Does Migrate Easy 7 Really Work

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by BillT, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillT

BillT Registered Member

I purchased two Maxtor 200gb SATA drives to upgrade my two desktops which each have a Maxtor 80gb PATA drives, each with three partitions (c: system, d: applications, e: data files). My first effort appeared to be successful so I disconnected the old frive and apptempted to boot with the new, cloned drive. The boot process went to the second boot-up window and stalled. I tried this a couple of times then tried "safe" mode. In safe mode the bootup process apparently went to the same spot as files weere displayed as they loaded, then safe mode stopped.

Since I had bought two Maxtor 200 SATAs I tried the second one to see if it would work. Exactly the same thing happened.

Any suggestions other than trashing Easy Migrate 7? Has anyone been successful upgrading by cloning to a new hard drive in the same computer? I spent $46 with Tiger Direct for the program. I'd hate to think it doesn't work.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.