Does Keriver 1-Click Restore Pro back up MBR?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by CGuard, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGuard

CGuard Registered Member

Any K1CR user cares to answer?

2. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I used to want the answer to this question myself but never found an answer.

I recently quit using Keriver because it failed me the one time I needed it. I needed to restore to a previous image but I could not do it using the boot menu or the Keriver restore disk. Lucky for me, I also had a Macrium Reflect image that I was able to restore to using a BartPE disk that I had with the Macrium Reflect Plugin.

Good luck!

3. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

CGuare,

PM pandlouk; he is very 1CR-literate.

Cruise

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

It does backup the mbr... but does not give an option to restore it.

If you want to restore the mbr you can download keriver 5.2 and create a bootable media with it. Keriver and 1-click images are the same and both products can mount/restore them.

Panagiotis

5. CGuard

CGuard Registered Member

Thank you for the valuable info, pandlouk. I really appreciate it.

I checked out KI and i 'm thinking about purchasing it. Unless i 'm mistaken, it 's also a complete drive imaging/file backup solution.

A couple more questions, if i may:

Could you suggest me any other comparable to KI (preferably freeware) program?

Also, regarding MBR backup/restoration, which of the following tools would you suggest me to use with K1CR PRO (in case i choose to purchase the latter)?

1. MBRWizard
    2. MBRtool
    3. MBRfix
    4. MBRutil
    5. HDHacker
    6. Bootice

6. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

You are welcome. :)

Yes, Keriver Image is a complete imaging/file backup solution.
    I don't now any freeware (except from the tools already included in win7) that gives you differential and incrementals and file backup in one solution.
    Good free solutions are:
    ActiveImage Protector Free Personal Edition (full, differential and incrementals)
    Paragon free (full, differential)
    1 click free(full, deifferential and incrementals)

About the tools. I suggest either MBRWizard or BootIce.

Panagiotis

7. CGuard

CGuard Registered Member

Again, thank you very much for your answers/suggestions. :thumb:

8. pinso

pinso Registered Member

I too am using Keriver 1-Click Restore Free, although it is slow and cumbersome sometimes i mean regarding the speed, it has not failed me during the restore process.

This is the second Free Backup Program i am using and will use it till i see some reason not to.

9. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi guys :)

Does anyone know if Keriver is still supported and updated? It does not appear anything has changed on his site since 2011. I hope he is still around. I had a few emails with him last year and he seemed liked a nice fellow. I remember when he stopped by here and posted some also. I hope he is doing well.

thanks

10. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi pandlouk :)

I noticed on your signature, that you use Appguard. I went to their site and it sounds interesting and a great tool. I am not familiar with them, but their price is good, 20$ for 3 users.

What is your opinion about Appguard and how has it performed along other security software. Not meaning to get off topic, just thought I would ask.

Thanks
    Jim

11. Moosehead77

Moosehead77 Registered Member

I tried to test drive Keriver but no matter what i do It cant access the MBR in the initial step. It says failed. I turned of MBR in appguard i turned off all other security programs and no dice.

12. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Disable AppGuard MBR protection, restart PC and then you will have acces to MBR.

13. Moosehead77

Moosehead77 Registered Member

Vivek thanks I have tried that before and no go. MBR of steel. So secure even i cant get access to it. Ha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.