Does KAV 4.5 have an equivalent to NOD32 IMON?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by richrf, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi all,

I have KAV 4.5.104 running resident and evaluating NOD32 for on-demand heuristics scans. Does KAV have an equivalent function to NOD32's IMON? It appears that KAV does, but I cannot say for sure. If not, I am thinking about turning on IMON but I am concerned that the two programs will step on each other. Thanks for any info.

Rich

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

AFAIK KAV reads files as they are written to the HDD not as they are downloaded like IMON does. I think running IMON would conflict unless you used higher efficiency as IMON would be checking files before KAV got to see them although I am not positive it would work, just a guess. A much safer bet would be using one as on access and the other as an on demand back up as quite a few people in this forum do. Most use NOD as resident with KAV as back up but there are a few that use KAV with a NOD back up.

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

If IMON is the equivelant to KAV s email scan then my extendia KAV 4.5 does scan all incoming mail. Today I received an email with an attachment with I-worm . sober.i (2x) enclosed. I was quite happy with this as no one sends me any viruses to check out my extendia. It actually , after arriving in my email client, has written in front VIRUS afterc being checked by KAV , Which is cool . On setting up KAV I had the choice of loading up the email blocker to scan all mail . Although extendia is a little repackaged I am sure , if i remember correctly that KAV 4.5 also has such . If Iv got the drift of your post wrong my appologies for jumping in here, as Its a contemplative day here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.