Does Jetico still continue to call up their company after registration?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mr. Y, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Y

Mr. Y Registered Member

Just wondering if Jetico still continue to call up their company after registration?

2. hany3

hany3 Registered Member

i used jetico for 30 minutes on my pc
    it gave me 150 popups in this sort time
    i think it needs someone with very much spare time to answer this huge number of popups and questions that are very annoying for any normal user
    i doesn't have presets for know applications

about registeration
    i think it doesn't
    best regards

3. Mr. Y

Mr. Y Registered Member

Thankyou for the reply-
    I've got Jetico "under control & figured out" in regards to "pop-ups".

Apparently, Jetico calls home to it's Parent Company during the registration period.

Just wondering if it continues to do so after I have registered the product?

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It might if it checks for updates or something like that. Why don't you write them an email and ask? They are pretty responsive from my experience....

5. Mr. Y

Mr. Y Registered Member

I'll give it a try

6. Solaris

Solaris Registered Member

Hi,

Where do you see this "call home" ?

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

This is the first I have seen on this point.

I have never seen Jetico V1 or V2 make connection for registration or update.

I do check on all firewalls for any connection to vendor, for whatever reason.

Please advise,
    Have you confirmation of this?, or have you seen mention of this? or is this just a post from somewhere?

8. Mr. Y

Mr. Y Registered Member

I shut off my DSL modem during Jetico installationI and received an error "can not connect to network" or words to that effect- Subsequently, Jetico would not show up in the sys tray. I know that Jetico must have network access to function properly in the config file. Perhaps there was an error there.

I reinstalled Jetico with my DSL modem turned on and did not get that message again.

Correct me if I am wrong- About the only way that I know of to monitor if Jetico is trying to call out is to have a hardware Router that monitors outbound traffic.

9. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Jetico does have some issues on startup, but these are due to the fact it uses variables within its rules. As example, if you look at the DNS rules (V2) you will see the rule includes "Name server", if it cannot obtain these, it will have problems.

On a standalone PC, yes. I do monitor firewalls via a gateway(PC) so I do check all firewalls to see if any connection is made that it should not. I have used jetico1/2 on and off since the beta`s of V1, and I have never seen it attempt to connect to "Home".

I did find a post from Nail (developer) on this over at the Jetico forums:-
    Original post here

10. Mr. Y

Mr. Y Registered Member

Thankyou very much for the info Stem!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.