Does it really work.

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by nisse, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nisse

nisse Registered Member

I purchased Process Guard after really good experiences with TDS-3 and Port Explorer. With Process Guard my experience is not so good my computer crashed immediately after installing it. I had to reinstall the whole windows again. None of my programs worked properly and systemrestore did not work. I have read about so many problems with Process Guard on the forum that I decided not to install again, I have a work to do and have not time to spend to install and reinstall windows every day, and then all backups to take because I am affraid Process Guard cause a crash again. Is Process Guard ready to work with ,well written or full of bugs. There is no problems with my computer with PG not installed ,so the question is, is it worth all this problems. I see it this way you must be a genius on computors or not have any work and all the time in the world to sit in front of your computor to get it work. Why is there not a helpfile to read before installing. PG is a good idea ,but. P.S DiamondCS has a really good support, but it does not help me in this matter.

2. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

There is working trial version for Process Guard. The best is to try a software before purchase to see if it is compatible with your environment, and wheter it meets your needs.
    -hojtsy-

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Exactly the same experience here. TDS and PE working great (as far as I can tell). But also experienced a problem with trial version of PG. If it happens again, adios (that spanish for GOODBYE) PG!

4. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi,

PG has to be configured in order to : protect you, and, prevent your system from crashing.

Indeed, when PG by security block something, if this something is blocked to your system too, then it will crash.

That's why at the beginning you should watch the logs, and then allow the windows critical services and your application to do what they want to ensure your system stability.

I have PG working on both computer, one full bought licence on XP, one free version on 2000, and both works great.

However, PG playing with a lot of undocumented things, it might be unstable but none of the beta tester has seen this.
    What can happen too is that you have another buggy driver installed which conflicts with PG and make your system crash, hard to say if it is really PG the culprit, it can simply reveal an existing problem.

regards,

gkweb.

5. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I'm not having a problem with the system crashing. As a matter of fact, PG seems to do its job pretty well. That's why I'm sticking with it for now. My problem with it is that PG crashed itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.