Does "inbound" always come from outside

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by woobook, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woobook

woobook Registered Member

I am using Panda Titanium 2007. I closed all "Inbound" in panda firewall, including Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. So each time I connect internet I shall receive a "block inbound" note in panda log. but there is not remote ip and the remote port is 0. Does this "inbound" come from outside?

Panda's firewall has a Webproxy, does it means that the "remote" is panda itself ?

2. woobook

panda log

Attached Files:

3. woobook

CurrPorts log

Attached Files:

4. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

LocalHost loopback is all happening from within your machine. It's your application(s) communicating with themselves through the machine's address, 127.0.0.1

This thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=143242&highlight=loopback has some informative posts on it.

So to answer your question, not all remote communications are coming from the outside.

5. woobook

But in the first picture, the inbound Remote IP is empty. Does it means 0.0.0.0? I have checked that IP address 0.0.0.0 is reserved for the default network.

In Panda's default setting, Generic Host Process for Win32, LSA Shell, Internet Explorer are permitted by inbound and outbound. I want change the setting, but I worry the change shall disturbs panda's action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.