Does forum's "search" feature work?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by jayzzz, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

When I use "search," I can't find any sign I've ever posted at this forum. It's the same whether I choose to search for threads I started or threads I posted to. Is this a known software flaw/malfunction or am I doing something wrong...or ? I CAN find my posts by finding one, clicking on my name to get to my profile, and choosing the option at the bottom to view member's posts. mj :)

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi jayzzz,

It is not the greatest "search" I have ever seen for boards software but it does work.

I was able to find all your recent posts by filling this out. (screenshot)

Attached Files:

3. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

That's interesting.....I tried it as in your snapshot & it worked. It's not particularly logical that adding my personal "initial signature" which is nowhere in my profile and not 'official' would make the difference, is it? Then again, nothing I've read says "The forum software is logical." I searched exactly as you did, EXCEPT I didn't put the "mj" in the upper box.

Thanks for the lesson...I wonder how, if searching for someone else's posts, I'd know what to put in the upper box. Trial and error, huh? mj :)

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi jayzzz,

Well, normally you would be looking for a specific subject (which could give you an indication of what phrase to fill out, or use something very common like "the"), or you could use the way from a persons profile, you mentioned before.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.