Does FDISR 3.2.202 shut off MS sytem restore automatically? I have new errors

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Horus37, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

I rebuilt a new OEM install in an empty snapshot after I installed all updates and ms updates and hotfixes from the internet I then installed FDISR 3.2.202 latest and proceeded to make an archive of my new build. When I install a new snapshot from that build it says there is an error in the MS error log file(not the FDISR log file) that states: System Restore filter encountered an unexpected error 0xC000003a while processing file "_filelst.cfg" on volume "harddiskvolume1" It has stopped monitoring the volume.

This is a strange error and states it is error code 1. I'm only assuming somehow that his has to do with the FDISR new install that might automatically somehow shuts off MS system restore? I didn't shut this off myself. This is a fresh oem install and so I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this error. Why would system restore stop monitoring the volume?

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  2. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

Per this http://www.leapfrogsoftware.com/support_info/faq/
    Did you disable Microsoft System Restore in the First (Primary) snapshot when you first installed FD-ISR for the very first time?

Mike

3. Horus37

No MS restore was still enabled when I installed FD-ISR 3.20.202. I'm monitoring my error event logs to see if it keeps recurring. So far it only happened twice.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Horus

I would go and turn off system restore. You really don't need it.

Pete

5. Horus37

Well so far no more errors. I now have disabled the system restore. Some software I installed must have disabled it by default and I'm thinking maybe if it's not FDISR then it could be AVAST Antivirus as it has a backup feature built into it but I don't know. I only disabled ms backup in the managers tab and NOT in the "system services" tab. I enabled VSS and MS shadow copy to automatic where as they were both on just a manual setting before. Seems like that should do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.