Does Ewido offer "Real-time Protection" for spyware?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Socio, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socio

Socio Registered Member

I have Spyware Sweeper and it does not get along with my Outpost firewall so I have been using Pest Patrol but the latest version hosed Outpost so now I am looking for something new.

I am looking for a good anti-spyware that can run along with MSAS and cover what it does not, like internet trackers, cookies and any other malicious crap it may miss and do it in real time.

Ewido looks real good according to the website it provides protection against spyware, trojans, dialers and a plethora of other stuff. Also, from what I gathered on the Ewido website the Plus version does "Real-time monitoring of the entire system" however it is un-clear if it does real-time spyware protection like intercepting known files with spyware before it is run like tracking cookies for example. Do any of you Ewido users know if Ewidos real-time monitoring does in fact offer that level of protection?

2. hubbahubba

hubbahubba Guest

ewido has real-time monitoring/protection, but the current version does not provide RT monitoring for cookies (they can be removed through a manual scan). The next release suposedly will have a RT cookie monitor, though

3. Socio

Socio Registered Member

Thanks for the info, can't wait for new version in the meantime I found Spywareblaster which fills that void nicely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.