Does ESET ever respond to messages?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jLittle, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jLittle

jLittle Registered Member

Hello, everybody.
    I recently downloaded and installed the 30-day free trial of ESET Smartsecurity. After about a week, it gave me a message that my trial was going to expire in a couple weeks. I counted the days, and it was giving me about 3 weeks instead of 30 days.
    To me, evaluation of security software includes how well they treat you, as well as how well the software works. So I used the recommended link in the ESET window to write and ask them why my trial period was so short. NO response after about a week. So now the ESET window is telling me my trial expires in 6 days, so I went to their web site and used the CONTACT link to ask the same question. I'm still waiting.
    It really seems absurd to trust the security of my computer to a company that won't respond when I ask them a question, and it's really stupid of them if they're ignoring me because I haven't bought yet; that's not the way to convert a potential customer into an actual one. It's also a very bad thing if the "recommended" contact link in the ESET window doesn't even work! I'm really disappointed, because I've been looking for a replacement for Norton, and I really thought ESET was it.
    Does anyone have any input on this?
    Thanks.

2. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

ESET support don't know if you've bought or not, it has nothing to do with that, there is complete equality. The fact that it's been a week sounds more like they didn't get your mail, at which point I would be trying with a different email account.

Punishing a company for getting 3 weeks instead of 4 is pretty ridiculous, it obviously been a mistake in the system, which is automated.

The v4 beta is currently free to use if you want a trial.

3. jLittle

jLittle Registered Member

I was hoping to actually learn something, not just hear from someone who's determined to defend ESET.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

For questions relating to licenses (trial as well as registered user ones) it is best to contact customer service directly at +1 (866) 343-3738 between 6:00AM - 6:00PM (Pacific Time Zone) for assistance.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.