Does ANYTHING work with Acronis Image Server 2009??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tecbox, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tecbox

tecbox Registered Member

I used to be an advocate for Acronis Image Server back when it actually worked in version 8-9, but upgrading to any version after that was a HUGE mistake !!!

Is there ANYTHING that actually works with the latest version of Acronis Image Server o_O? What happened, did Acronis get a whole new team of developers that ran the product into the ground ?? Previously, I could simply boot from the Acronis rescue disk and mount my remote NAS device to perform backup or restore without any problems. However, Acronis 2009 has been NOTHING but problems right from the start. I boot from the Acronis 2009 rescue disk and try to mount to the NAS the same way I was always able to before, BUT now I get "invalid file name" and of course can't browse the remote drives even after verifying the IP and user credentials. So I decided maybe I needed to get the latest update for 2009 and see if that would help. I created a new rescue disk and NOW I get "Connection failed, please verify username and password". I KNOW the credentials are good and this NEVER had a problem before with previous versions of Acronis.

I am HIGHLY RELUCTANT to put my faith into Acronis for my backup purposes and surely WILL NOT promote Acronis as a viable backup software anymore !!!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Which build and product of Image Server are you using?

Colin

3. tecbox

tecbox Registered Member

Using the latest and greatest available from Acronis' website (2009 TrueImage2009.9709_s_en.exe).

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

OK, I was slightly confused as there is an Image Server product in the Echo range.

Is your problem only via the rescue cd or also from using TI in Windows?

Colin

5. tecbox

tecbox Registered Member

It's from the rescue CD which never had any problems in the past with previous versions. I didn't try TI from Windows because I am trying to image a new system prior to installing TI on the system itself.

Better to find out at this stage that TI can't access my remote NAS than when I'm trying to do an actual restore and realize I can't access the remote NAS.

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Is this using the Safe Mode of the Rescue Disc or Full?

Colin

7. tecbox

tecbox Registered Member

With the 2009 version it only offers "Windows" and "Acronis True Image Home (Full Version)". There is no option for "Safe Mode".

I appreciate your help Colin.

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

No problem.

If you go to the Acronis website and register your copy of TI, you will then be able to download the Safe rescue environment. Install this, and then remake a resuce CD the safe mode option will then become available to you.

I haven't tried TI with a NAS, so I'm not sure if any of the Kernel commands that work for USB etc would be applicable for the NAS. I suspect that as there has been a kernel/driver change in TI 2009 Linux, it has fixed a number of incompatabilities and re-introduced new ones.

Colin

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tecbox,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

If the issue remains then try to create BartPE bootable disc using Acronis BartPE plug-in. You can download plug-in from your account on our website.

If some drivers are not recognized by Acronis True Image Home 2009 you may use BartPE bootable disc. It is possible to add any storage drivers at startup in the same manner as when installing Windows on the hard drive (by pressing F6 and inserting diskette with drivers).

To create BartPE bootable disc with the Acronis True Image plug-in you should download PE builder from the following link

For additional information about BartPE, please click the following link

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.