Does anyone use MyIE2?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Boom, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom

Boom Guest

Hello just want get some feedback on using MyIE2, does anyone have problems with this IE?

Thx

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't use IE at all anymore, but back when I did I tried myIE2 but I personally didn't care for it . I ended up useing the Avant browser instead. It seemed to work pretty well for an IE skin

avant link

3. sig

sig Registered Member

MyIE2, like Avant, CrazyBrowser and others along such lines, are IE shells, not stand alone browsers. They utilize IE and a number of IE settings and then have various other functionalities and a different GUI. I like MyIE2 and haven't had any problems with it. I tend to use it at work. Haven't tried the latest incarnations of Avant, which is also pretty cool as I recall. Both Avant and MyIE2 have support forums if you're interested and want to see what issues may come up.

But these browsers are still using IE. (Although I believe recently MyIE2 has a Gecko engine plug in that one can download and try. I haven't touched that. The Gecko engine comes out of the mozilla family of browsers.) People tend to use these IE shell browsers for their added features and some say they are speedier than IE. But for those concerned about security issues and IE, those issues remain when using IE shells.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It is the security issues that caused me to quit useing IE and go with firefix and opera. Opera being the default that I use.

5. Boom

Boom Guest

Thx guys for the info and help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.