Does anyone know what CCX Diagnostic Utility is?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I've got this on my system but I don't know what it is or what it's for. There's an icon for it in the Control Panel but it's just a white sheet of paper. The executable is Windows>System32>S64CPA.exe and it works but I can't figure out if it's important. It looks like some kind of network tool. I was wondering if anyone might know if it's okay to uninstall it? There's no entry for it in the Add/Remove list. I was thinking about just deleting the .exe but wasn't sure if that would delete the Control Panel icon as well. If anyone can shed some light on this it would surely be appreciated. :)

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

4. allizomeniz

Thank you both for your input. I'd like to fix that blank icon but I can't see installing an 18MB driver just for that. I wish Vista had something like TweakUI where you can hide Control Panel icons. I have Ultimate Windows Tweaker and XdN Tweaker but you can't hide CP icons with either one of them.

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

6. allizomeniz

I finally figured out how to hide it. There's a registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ ControlPanel \ NameSpace) that has a list of all the items in the control panel. I just went through it till I found the one I wanted, and after backing it up, deleted it. That took care of that one. I was also able to get rid of another blank icon. This one didn't have any information whatsoever and wouldn't even let me make a shortcut for it. It was a little trickier but I went through the list until I found one that I couldn't really associate with any of the know CP items and bingo! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.