Does anyone know a prog to block.....

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by notageek, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Does anyone know where I can find a program that blocks other people from looking at my favorites? Any free ones? thanks.

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Do you mean blocks them from looking at your list of favourites, or blocks them visiting those sites?

3. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Hi notageek! Yes, actually, I do. You need a program which stops your computer from instantly sharing it's info with everyone it meets. PC's can be far too open! Naviscope 8.70 allows you to hide your system info and your page refferers. It also blocks cookies, ads, scripts etc. I assume this would assist you.

http://www.naviscope.com/

4. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Are you talking about one of these sites where you have to click, and the contents of your drive shows?

ZoneLabs support:

Q) I went to a website and saw the contents of my hard drive through the browser.

A) What you saw is one of the oldest JavaScript gimmicks out there. While you can see information on your computer, the website cannot see that information. It is on your screen only.

5. notageek

What I'm taking about is a prog to block you favorites from other people that use your computer. Someone told me about FaveLock and I thought I would try it out. Let you guess know how it works.

6. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Sorry, misunderstood you there.

I have no experience of it.

However, it appears to be a PC Mag utility, which is not a bad sign.

Here's a description:

http://www.local387.org/utilities/utilities_favelock.htm

If that's what you want, why not try it out.

Cheers,

7. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Ah, I see! Notageek? Do you have Administrative privileges on your PC? Or, is it more like a Rooming House with lots of users? I recall some apps such as given by Tony above but I'll have to search for them. ;)

8. notageek

The computer is all mine. Just what to block of the forums web pages I go to cuz friends like to check out stuff online and I don't them causing trouble on a forum. :)

Yes it's a pc mag utility. I'm sure pc mag won't give out spyware, lol :) Prince if you find anything let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.