Does anyone have an old version of RegDefend?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by [suave], May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [suave]

[suave] Registered Member

I'm particularly looking for an older version of regdefend (the one that had the built in real-time registry logging monitor)

I remember usign it a very long time ago and found it to be pretty useful. I don't know why that feature was removed from the newer version...

I can't get SYSInternal's RegMon to load up for some reason... and I really need to log some registry reads/writes of a certain application in realtime.

Snapshot registry monitors are of no use to me.

So if anyone can help me out by getting me that old version of regdefend or perhaps know of another realtime registry monitor I can use that would be great.

Thanks a lot!

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

maybe you have some program that is blocking "regmon" from "installing" its "service" when you try to run it.. it also has to be able to install regkeys for the "service"..

i just ran regmon and i had to allow it to install a service and the regkeys for the service..

3. [suave]

Yeah there is definitely some sort of problem. I would be so happy if I can get Regmon to load up but no luck at all.

I keep getting some error message sayign that the application failed to start or something like that.

At the regmon forum they told me I must have admin priveleges... but I am already logged on as admin :(

I can't load Filemon either... another useful tool I need :(

4. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

5. [suave]

Wow! TonyKlein, thanks for letting me know about that!

What an amazing program this MultiMon is. It did exactly what I needed and more! Well worth its price :)

I can't believe all these months I've been searching google for an app like this and never came across MultiMon. I'm so happy I posted this topic.

Thanks again TonyKlein :D

6. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

np, my pleasure. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.