Does anyone answer these questions?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by rebell1952, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebell1952

rebell1952 Registered Member

Hi all,

I have been having a problem with PB&R 2012 Home, but the questions that relate to my problem and the post I made on 12/23 have been answered by no one. Are the only people on here consumers like myself that don't know anything about the software, except that it doesn't work most of the time?

How is it that one can receive no support on the "Official Paragon Support Forum" anyway? Is this like the old saw: "Call me Teusday, I'm not in on Teusday"? I'm in the midst of trying to straighten out my system after installing Windows 8 (which totally screwed everything up) and I need to back up my Windows 7 and another drive that is connected by USB (it's a drive with Windows XP installed). I have been without the use of my computer since installing Windows 8 shortly after its official release (presently using a friend's computer to ask this question) and if it weren't at Christmas time I would be in a world of hurt. Is it that you only support paid versions of your software, if so, why offer a free version at all? It certainly doesn't make me want to buy your software when I can't get the free version to work and can't get any information about it. I would appreciate it if someone would tell me that I'm wasting my time here, so I can try to find a backup utility that actually works.

I cannot get PB&R 2012 to backup any drive to any other drive. The backup starts and says ±15 minutes remaining, then about 3/4 of the way through, at about 3-4 minutes the time remaing begins to go back up until it's at ±15 minutes and then I get the error message that says PB&R can't perform some operation: retry; ignore error; ignore all errors, but none of those options do anything to rectify the problem. "Retry" simply goes around and around, "ignore error" is essentially the same and "ignore all errors" will continue the backup, but it's no good when I try to restore from the archive.

2. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

I'm no expert but until that someone comes along maybe i can help. What's your OS and your security set up? I know that when i tried downloading a Linux distro just to have it stop at 775 MB it was unnerving, come to find out it had to do with my security measures.. :)

Thanks..
    Hogndog

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

This is for the most part a user forum although Matt Spathes of Paragon does indeed drop in and provide help. Paragon, not surprisingly, prioritizes any support effort with the paid product at the top of the list. I wouldn't expect anything different.

Imaging software is a bit of a different beast since it tends to get down into the guts a bit more than regular applications and it is not surprising to have some people sing the praises of one product while other people think it is the most useless thing on earth. So if Paragon doesn't work for you, seeking out another product is not out of the question.

Is your Windows 7 in a separate partition on an internal HD that you want to image then restore elsewhere to overwrite the screwed up W7/8 upgrade?

Here is the text from your Dec 23 post:

I/O usually means bad sectors or some hardware issue. Chkdsk /r can find them but a better test is the drive manufacturer's diagnostic routine. I suggest you run it. It may not find anything but at least it will tend to rule it out as a cause.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

How are you are trying to make the image backup?

Are you doing it from bootable media - dvd or flash?

If so, is it Linux as supplied with the free version, or have you made your own pe media?

5. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Please forgive the tardy replies ladies and gentlemen, but due to the holidays, vacation time, and short days, my time in the office to answer questions has been limited, but I have been on all day attempting to sort through questions that have not been answered or still require assistance, I have attempted to answer this issue on the previous post. Please see the information on the link provided. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=338448

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You mean you celebrate holidays and take vacation?

Your help is much appreciated! Happy New Year, Matt.

7. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

and a Happy New Year and Happy Holidays to you folks as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.