Does Acronis keep the date modified/created of original files on restore?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Daft, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daft

Daft Registered Member

Hi, first post here. Just have one question. I have True Image Workstation 9.1 and have created a backup of my C: drive with o/s using the Backup wizard (not Clone Disk) into a .tib file. If I ever need to restore these files, will it keep the date modified/created of the original files or will the date created be when I actually do the restore? I would really like it to keep the original date when the file was created when I restore. Let me know, thanks.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If your restore an image of your partition the dates are the "original" dates.

If you restore from a Files and Folders backup then you have the option of using the original date or the restore date. There is a selection box in Options Additional Settings in the restore wizard. You can probably change this from Tools Options on the main screen as well.

There are 3 kinds of "backup".

1. clone disk - intended to exactly copy contents of 1 disk to another for the purpose of replacing the original disk with a new disk. Dates would remain the same.

2. Image backup of partitions or disk. Intended for backing up entire partition. Will allow you to restore an image of C and have the disk bootable.

3. Files and Folders. Intended for backup of selected Files and Folders. Much slower than an image backup, intended for backing up data files not an active, bootable partition. It will not be bootable on restore most likely.

Then you can add Full backup, Differential backup and Incremental backup on top of 2 and 3.

3. Daft

Daft Registered Member

Nevermind, I figured it out... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

4. Daft

Daft Registered Member

Hey thanks for the additional info. I'm really digging this program, much better than Norton Ghost!

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

A number of months ago, I pointed out a case in which the option did not work, and Acronis acknowledged the bug.

May have been fixed by now.

In any case, you can correct times by using the programs at .http://www.standards.com/index.html?ChangeTimesCover

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.