Doctor Who's Security and Encryption FAQ

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Scoobs, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoobs

Scoobs Registered Member

I remembered reading this a couple of years ago and thinking I'd like to try it out. I did a bit of googling and can only find version 20.6 (here). Is this the most up-to-date version. I've just got hold of an old harddrive and thought I might give it a go...

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Version 17.6 can be found here: http://etcoal.tripod.com/privfaqs.htm , so the fact that there is a version 20.6 must mean the it is a successor document as indicated internally to the major version 20 update.

A diff (unix/linux) between the files indicates at least a size difference of just under 12,500 characters between version 17.6 and 20.6.

-- Tom

3. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

The very latest -- Revision 21.1.1 -- can be found at Panta's site where Dr. Who now officially updates his FAQ:
    http://www.panta-rhei.eu.org/pantawiki/SecurityAndEncryptionFaq

Changes since previous revision:

Now includes a method of anonymously obtaining a prepaid Debit Card. Many sites will accept Debit/Credit Card payments, far more than will accept E-gold. The Virtual Credit Card, when used in conjunction with E-gold, will ensure you have excellent anonymity online.

I have also taken the opportunity to refine many sections. Several questions have been changed, updated or omitted and the answers reflect these changes. These refinements are intended to improve both readability and accuracy.

Part 1 offers an overview approach to achieve security and anonymity.

Part 2. In the second part will be the practical implementations of some of the programs mentioned in Part 1. In some cases this will include detailed setup instructions to help achieve the goal of true computer and Internet privacy and anonymity. I assume a basic understanding of computers, such as the ability to copy and paste and a general knowledge of how to install programs and follow setup instructions.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Thanks Genady.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.